content-location: file:///C:/6518EA59/BdMtngMnts20100919.htm content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable content-type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" mime-version: 1.0
ACWSA Board Meeting Minutes
September 19, 2010
Commander Bob Chabalowski called a meeting of the Wisconsin-Illinois ACWSA
group shortly after the close of the skirmishes awards ceremony on Sunday,
September 19, 2010, at the Conservation Club of Kenosha County (CCKC) in <=
= Board and Staff members present: &nbs= p;
= = Cmdr Bob Chabalowski
= ; Paymaster Darlene Van Kauwenbergh
= = JAG Dan Graff
= = Quartermaster Mary Borsic
= Team representatives present:  = ;
= = The Iron Brigade Guard (Lance Herdegen)
= ; 1 USSS (Pat Kaboskey)
= ; 2 WI (Gary Van Kauwenbergh)
= ; 2 USSS (Steve Renner)
= ; 6 WI (Bob Jaburek)
= ; 8 WI (Dick Tessmann)
= ; 15 WI (Stephen Sherry)
= ; 56 VA (John Martin-Merhl)=
= ; 66 NC (Bob Chabalowski)
2. Minutes: After Gary Van Kauwenbergh reported he reviewed the last meeting minutes, and no items needed follow-up, a motion was m= ade and carried to dispense with their reading.
2010 Draft Schedule: Gary Van
Kauwenbergh passed out copies of the combined draft schedules of the ACWSA
groups from WI &
Please be aware that all these dates are drafts!= Other notes:
* The draft schedule is available for viewi= ng on the web at http://acwsa.org/Documents/2011%20Schedule%20Draft.= pdf
* We are still hoping for an ACWSA Champion= ship in 2011, but because of their range requirements for artillery, it will ne= ed to one of their locations in MI/OH. = span>
The date of the February board meeting is fixed, but the location is not.<=
style=3D'mso-spacerun:yes'> Bob Chabalowski will try to find a
location more convenient for our MI/OH members. Suggestions included the
= * Two dates still need filling in for the ACWSA MI/OH group after they know = when their ranges are available.
= * The N-SSA 46th ILL skirmish moved to the weekend after Easter f= or 2011=
= * The 56th VA skirmish in July and the 15th WI skirmis= h in September both remain friendship skirmishes with the N-SSA.
Awards: Commander Chabalowsk=
that we think about discontinuing annual award plaques. We will continue the discussion a=
a vote in February.
= * Do we want to continue spending money to maintain the plaques?
= * If we stop the annual plaques, do we still want to keep annual statistics?=
= * Should we have an annual WI/IL championship match instead, just let each skirmish stand on it’s own?
5. Proposed Skirmish Rule Changes: Commander Chabalowski asked everyone to review the proposed changes= to the skirmish rules between now and February.
All recommendations for improvement need to be in writing, and in the form of = a proposal for voting. It must quote th= e rule in question and include any replacement verbiage. Sent your suggestions to Commander Chabalowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or JAG Dan Graff = at kdgraff@m= tc.net
The proposed set of rules on the web site has had a number of typographical er= rors corrected, but none of the suggestions receive to date have been incorporated into it. The commanders’ intent is t= o bring every proposed improvement up one by one at the February meeting and vote = them either in or out quickly. We= simply do not have enough time for lengthy debates, or flushing out new proposals= at that meeting. Members with s= uggestions need to prepare and submit their proposals in time for circulation before = the meeting in February. This in= cludes additions to the Approved Weapons List.
6. Pat Kaboskey led the group with three “huzzahs” for Mary and D= ean Borsic’s continued = work to support our skirmishes with targeting and frames. Mary and Dean work at ev= ery skirmish, regardless whether their unit is hosting or not.
also commended the 8th
7. Lance Herdegen recommended we list all out 2011 events with the Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission and the Wisconsin Department of tourism. Hopefully this will also add cred= ence to our upcoming 501(c)(3) application.
Pat Kaboskey also mentioned Boscobel
9. A motion was made, and passed to adjourn the meeting= span>. The next board meeting will begin= at 9 a.m. on Sunday, February 13, 2011at a yet to be determined location. &= nbsp;
Humbly Submitted by,
Your Obedient Servant,
Gary Van Kauwenbergh