PVT Ernst Schuckart, Company K
The 2nd Wisconsin Skirmish team represents the original Iron Brigade regiment of that moniker that sustained the highest percentage of losses of Union Army regiments. For additional unit history, see: 2nd Wisconsin Infantry, and 2nd Wisconsin Flags
In today’s 2nd Wisconsin, you can compete with muskets, carbines, revolvers, smoothbores, and Henry rifles. Our group is a family oriented team with a large roster. We have numerous husband-wife, father-son pairs on the roster.
With a large roster, every member doesn’t need to attend every skirmish, but if you’d like additional skirmishes many of our members also belong to the 114th Illinois Infantry of the North South Skirmish Association (N-SSA). The team also maintains an affiliation with the reenactors of the Second Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry Association, Inc. Our uniform guidelines match theirs, so you can skirmish and reenact without buying separate uniforms.
You can join the 2nd Wisconsin anytime. Our annual Meeting is on the first Saturday after Super Bowl weekend. For specifics on this years’ time and location, call Gary at the number above, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information on the 2nd Wisconsin, along with useful information about everything from buying the equipment you need, cleaning muskets and loading your ammunition in a nine-page .pdf document we give to our new members titled New Member Information
Links to published pictures of original 2nd Wisconsin soldiers:
- Flags and Hardee Hat
- Co. A images
- Iron Brigade Color Guard
- Corporal Cornelius Wheeler, Co. I
- Corporal Cornelius Wheeler, Co. I (2)
- SGT Geo. Smith, Co. E
- PVT Wm. Boyd, Co. E.
- PVT Silas Coster, Co. B.
- PVT Richard Lester, Co. E.
- PVT Alvin N. Bugbee, Co. E.
- CPL Walker S. “Printer Boy” Rouse, Co. E.
- PVT Edwin Atkinson, Co. D
- PVT J. Sebastian Ostertag, Co. E.
- PVT Robert K. Beecham
- Company C, 2nd Wisconsin Infantry
- Officers of the 2nd Wisconsin Infantry, 1862
- 2nd Wisconsin Officers’ Mess, 1862
- LTC Lucius Fairchild, 1863
- COL Thos. Allen
- BG Rufus King
- CPT Julius F. Randolph
- CPT Wilson Colwell
- CPT Nathaniel Rollins, Co. H
- CPT Gabriel Bouck, Co. E., 1861
- 1LT Lyman H. Smith, Co E,1861
- 2LT Henry B. Harshaw, Co. E, 1864
- 2LT Heman B. Jackson, Co E, 1861
- Thos. P Russell, 1st Asst. Surgeon, 1861
- 2nd Wisconsin Infantry Band
- Drummer Briggs & Fifer Ming, 1862
- Musician Edwin E. Finney, 1862
- PVT Frederick Lythson
- CPL Walker Rouse, Co E., 1861
- 1SG George H. Stevens
- Miner’s Guard Flag of Company I
- 1887 Iron Brigade Reunion
- 1896 Iron Brigade Reunion
- McCollum, Henry R., Co. H.